Few days after i did my previous Close Range meta analysis, we were all surprised by a new weapon balancing including some nerfs to the best SMG in the game. In this article I will compare the following guns: Marco 5, Armaguerra 43, H4 Blixen. We all know there are multiple others than could be considered, but only those 3 can truly compete for the Absolute Meta title. This is not a meta update, this is really an article to determine the best of the three smgs mentioned above.
Table of content:
Average Time To Kill
For this analysis, it’s very important that we look at the average time to kill provided by sym.gg. This is the most accurate and relevant tool for time to kill, mostly cause it’s taking real in game data and also because it’s combining all location damages (head, chests, limbs etc.) in order to generate an average time to kill. Some gun kill faster than other with headshots but not with chest for example, so the average time to kill is the only relevant comparison tool for this statistic.
- Armaguerra is the winner of this category. We can see that no matter the range, the Arma better time to kill than the Blixen or the Marco 5.
- Then, the Marco 5 has a slight better time to kill than the Blixen.
Average Down Per Mag
- Regarding the average number of enemies that you can down with one magazine, the Marco 5 is taking over.
- Armaguerra and the Blixen are following the same pattern, just a little bit under the Marco 5.
This means that the Marco 5 will be more consistent for game modes like quads or trio where you need to have great damage per mag to really compete.
Now let’s deep dive into the mobility of the studied SMGs. Mobility is extremely important in order to really be effective and outplay your opponents! The way you sprint, strafe or move can 100% save you from some fights or annoying situations.
Please note that those mobility numbers for the Blixen will change soon. Indeed, in the balancing of the 3rd of August, the developers wanted to nerf the mobility, but finally buffed it my mistake. This was acknowledged by the developers and they say it will be fixed in a coming update.
- In the meantime, the H4 Blixen is simply disgusting in terms of mobility compared to the Marco and the Armaguerra.
- Once the H4 Blixen mobility will be reverted, then the Marco 5 will take back the first place for mobility!
All recoil patterns are recorded during the same game, at the same place and same distances using loadouts specified in the article. The goal is to have a reliable comparison of the recoil in the same context.
Let’s face it, recoil on a close range SMG is not the most important criteria, but it’s definitely what will allow you to enjoy the gun and reach consistency! Not all the fights you will take with your SMG will be under 10 meters.
- The H4 Blixen is the clear winner for the recoil criteria. With straight up recoil, then right deviation and for the remaining bullets, no recoil at all.
- Marco 5 is also quite easy to be honest and not very chaotic: vertical, then horizontal. Once you learn the Marco 5 recoil you’ll find it very easy too.
- Armaguerra‘s recoil is more chaotic, and with this kind of horizontal bounce, you’ll have more trouble for 15m+ fights where you need to land your bullets to guarantee a consistent time to kill. You could use the M1930 Strife Angled underbarrel to counter a little bit that, but you would lose this insane strafe speed brought by the SA98 Compact.
What is the best SMG between the arma, blixen or marco?
Well this one is tricky.
The way i see it is the following:
- Aggressive players will love the Armaguerra’s time to kill and insane Strafe Speed. The recoil a little bit more chaotic will not be an issue for them.
- With the easiest recoil of the three and for the moment the best mobility, the H4 Blixen will satisfy all players, including the casuals that need a more forgiving weapon.
- Marco 5 is the most consistent weapon of those three, always 2nd or 1st in all criteria. If you go with the Marco, you cannot be disappointed.
This is thanks to this consistency that i’m ranking the Marco 5 as absolute meta. It’s good everywhere and with very little downsides.
Best Armaguerra 43 Loadouts
Best Marco 5 Loadouts
Best H4 Blixen Loadouts
Stats are consolidated thanks to SYM.gg!